Friday, February 3, 2012

One more high protein dosa/pancake recipe

Here's one more of my quick breakfast recipes.
Honestly it's full of readymade products so there's not much to do, but then, it's nutritious and fairly tasty and its in my favourite form -- dosa/pancake.

So I'm always on the lookout to make breakfast as nutritious as possible. Therefore I believe in mixing up ingredients -- the more the merrier. It's a great way to make sure you get in multiple vitamins, minerals etc.

Here's what I put into my dosa breakfast two days ago:
1. Sprouted ragi flour (finger millet)
2. Sprouted soya/soy flour
(The advantage with sprouting being that it becomes rich in protein, iron, zinc and folic acid, from what i understand, and more easily digestible too) For both the above I used this brand called Manna, so it's off the shelf and I didn't have to put in much effort.
3. I also added some jola/jowar flour (i think that's sorghum millet- I'm never sure of English equivalent names, correct me somebody if I'm wrong)
4. Salt to taste

Method:
Mix the flours with a spoon first when it's dry so they are all well blended, then add water and bring it to a pouring batter consistency.
You could add some urad dal batter to it to soften it. I avoided it because I heard  Urad dal is fattening! Anyways it's a tad dry without it but not too bad.
Then just spread out the batter on a heated tawa to make the dosa/pancake.
P.S.: This one requires a bit of oil, even if it's made on a non-stick tawa/pan.

And i made it even more nutritious by eating it with a flax seed (agasi/agase) chatnipudi powder
So I'm super-thrilled with the idea. Because flax seed is high in Omega-3 fatty acids (healthy fat), fights cholesterol and is high fibre.
Will soon put up the flax seed powder recipe when I get it from my Mother-In-Law who makes it best. 

3 comments:

  1. Wowee that sounds healthy :)

    Great going on your path of eating right, Forever Mother. I'm sure 2012 is going to be a wonderfully healthy year for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooo good! I use the manna kanji-powder (porridge), not sure whether the soy flour would be avl in chennai/gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, How is your weight loss journey going? I have restarted mine again...why don't you join me again?

    ReplyDelete