Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why it's easier for me to diet

I really find it easy to stick to my diet, really, because it's largely become a part of my life, ingrained into my being. It hasn't happened overnight. It hasn't happened in a short while.

Sometimes we are doing things right and just don't realise it.

I've always been seen as a "healthy" eater at the workplace because:
1. I eat vegetables and fruits every day
2. I bring home-cooked food every day
3. I eat a raw salad with my food on most days (I'm not one of those who can eat just a salad for lunch -- doesn''t work for me ;-)

According to me, these steps means half the battle is won.

There are these other problems of mine which have made it easier for me to stick to my plan:
1. Whenever I eat out, I fall sick : It's not something I'm proud of, because it probably means my immunity sucks. But, it also means I AVOID eating out, which really is a big help. It's sometimes horrifying to develop a fear of eating out, but then it works to my advantage. You always notice how when you eat out, you eat more, and always feel heavier than when you eat at home, haven't you? I end up with loosies. So just two weeks ago when I told hubby I won't cook, and wanna eat out, I went ahead and ate a great meal, came home and well headed for the loo! I do have an underlying condition of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), something I developed after I had a baby.

2. And then I have imagination:  My imagination goes haywire and I think of all the psossible cockroaches and rats in the restaurant kitchen, how they may not be covering the food, washing vegetables ...and it's enough to send my scurrying to the kitchen to whip up something special for myself AT HOME.

3. I seem to have developed some sort of allergy to fat -- specially deep-fried food. Again, I get the loosies.
So, I avoid fried food as much as I can. Which is really difficult because I LOVE FRIED FOOD. The taste of it...aaah... But these days I don't keep such food around the house and when I see fatty food these days, I honestly get repulsed. I do gorge on it once in a  way, but I've realised these instances have come down dramatically. So when I do feel like having fried food, I make it from scratch at home where I know the oil I'm using, at least, isn't re-fried.

But consistency is what matters and it hasn't been one of my strengths. I hate it when I set myself back, of my own volition, and have to start from where I left off...life should be one continuum...but then life wouldn't be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment