Monday, May 9, 2011

It's so easy to lose control when you know you're dieting

The last two or three days have been wuzzy. Or maybe I choose to think that's what it was. Because I went way off the track that I started on.

On Saturday evening I went back home from work -- to mom's -- and i don't know what took over me. I decided I would eat one idli and that's it. A generous aunt had left behind some tempting spicy red tomato pickle. I just gorged on it with one idli and then lost contorl. I ate another half. Then I ate one chapati with it. Then some cheeselings. Then another chapati!!!! Of course I went easy on the dinner (I mean yeah, I don't skip dinner!) Laugh all you will. It was sheer indulgence.

Yesterday, Sunday, both meals of the day were had outside home. Dinner was pizza! Yeah yeah, says "tch tch" to me in disgust or laugh if you will. But I had fun eating the pizza and Rujuta Diwekar says only if you enjoy your food do you derive any benefit from it.

And while I am at guilt conession, I have another confession to make -- a good one  -- exercise, even the minimalist kind I'm doing right now, is really beneficial when you chum. I mean, way fewer cramps, lesser pain and discomfort overall. Yeah, three cheers to the joy of exercise.

Today I'm back to "the diet":
8 am --exercise
9 am -- a banana
10 am -- breakfast -- poha/avalakki upma and one glass tea
12.30 pm -- some spoons of poha again and a small glass of chikoo milkshake (no sugar)
2.15 pm - lunch -- two chapatis, potato/carrot/onion subjee (no salad today), half cup of raw plantain subjee.
3.45 pm -- one mug tea


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been in a similar weight position like you. Did all kind of crazy things to lose weight. Have followed rujuta diwekar's plan as well. But nothing worked long time. Then, one day a friend gifted me the book 'Fit for Life' by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. Life, my friend, took a turn for the best I would say. It completely changed my life. Losing weight has been a happy accident because what I gained most importantly was increased stamina and an overall feeling of well-being. I was 65 kilos last year at barely 5 feet. Today I'm 52 kilos and looking and feeling good as hell. The compliments feel good, I must say. Would highly recommend this book to you as well. Please do give it a flip and try it out. Take care. Here's to a slimmer looking and healthier you :))

    ReplyDelete