Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Started cycling...it's no more our clothes hanger

Today's been good. I'm feeling jumpy-nice
Stuck to my routine mostly, so feels like an achievement.

I started out with cycling today -- stationary -- of course. The exercise bike had been lying at home, most predictably converted into the clothes hanger. Found Hubby's shorts and towels and shirts clumped on it.

So after about three weeks of warming up and stretching and some breathing exercises and yoga, today I started cycling. Hoping to cycle at least twice a week. Of course, Hubby dismissed what I did today saying "You could have done much better". Thank You, old man. Very convenient for you to say, considering you've been gymming for over three years pretty consistently.

Anyway I'm not not going to let that deter me.

Started today with:
8.30 a.m -- half a mango.
10 am -- breakfast -- a veggie omlette (with tomatoes/onions/capsicum)+ two slices of 7-grain bread+ tea
12 pm -- a small handful of black currants and cashew
2.30 pm -- lunch -- 2 chapatis+ capsicum, onion and kadlebele (channa dal) sabji+ a small cup of pongal/khichdi
will hopefully have my tea by 4 :-)


I've realised that adding some kind of dal in my subji is the only way and easy way to get more protein into my vegetarian diet Of course I have one helping in the night of dal/saar/sambar but generally felt that's not enoughh so....

2 comments:

  1. Was missing your updates in between - great to know you're sticking in there :). I'm also trying for the 3rd time in as many months to get back to an exercise routine, so I know how hard it gets.. great to hear about the clothes feeling better - here's hoping you'll have to shift to an entirely new wardrobe soon! - and this way you won't even feel guilty about it ;) !!

    About what your hubby said - "Men!!!".. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going..dont let anything deter your determination!

    ReplyDelete