Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Visceral fat, liposuction and God! I eat so much

Diary -- day 2

7.30 am - 30 mins of warming up exercises, added two more to yesterday's routine (i haven't exercised in a looong while so i'll have to try and figure out what kind of muscles exist in my body!) I had an exclusive yoga plan drawn out for me last year by a generous young yoga teacher -- a girl who was so nimble she looked like an acrobat when she did the asanas-- i pulled out that plan and tried to figure out which of those I could start with. So there, one more step taken in the right direction.
8. 45 am- one yelakki banana
9. 45 a.m - two slices bread toast (one with jam and one with a tad of butter) with some Maggi (yeah I know that's hardly diet food :-) )
12.45 pm -- two almonds and some black currants
2.30 pm -- lunch - two wheat chapatis, one bowl of bottlegourd-onion subjee, a small cup of salad (ingredients same as yest), and a few spoons of curd rice (I'm a propah south Indian and can't live without my mosaranna/tair saadam)
4.30 pm -- one mug tea with a few spoons of the canteen rava upma

(Will complete this tomorrow)...ok completing it:
6.30 pm -- a few almonds and black currants
8 pm -- i started craving food, was getting really upset and cranky and did what i shouldn't have -- grabbed an almost fistful of batata chiwda (fried potato savory) and stuffed it in. Felt great ;-) I was at mom's and didn't want to eat till I got home to have a proper dinner. Once i got home I realised i had to cook the rasam still -- so went ahead and grabbed a few morsels of khakra and half a laddoo (antina unde to be precise loaded with ghee, jaggery, and dried fruits).
9 pm -- dinner -- one chapati with the same sabji and one cup rasam. Followed by rasam rice and curd rice.

I just completed yesterday's diary and realised something -- i eat quite a LOT. I mean, compared to the physical activity (or rather inactivity) to burn the calories.
I can't exactly count the calories, but damn, now I know why most gyms/slimming centres ask you to maintain a food diary! I really didnt know what i was eating. eeeeeeeek...

I have also learnt one another rather inspiring thing, searching around, and reading up. The stomach fat -- ok let me own it -- MY stomach fat is mainly called visceral fat. And, once you start exercising, the good news is, its one of the first areas from which fat is burnt. Yipeee! Some cheer

We have a horrible habit in office -- we women all look at our stomachs and try to see who's got the biggest one popping out of our dress -- gross, yes. But it happens. So two of us were discussing liposuction just three or four days ago (no we weren't planning on it, just joking around about it) and then this!! Imagine having more fat in your top half and a taut bottom. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. Hey again, I usually hate to give gyaan, but just because I've been on this journey time and again either for hubby or me, and I feel like we've known each other a while ;).. I wanted to say this - Timings of meals are really important. The gap between meals in the morning seems really large, try for 1.5 to 2 hrs gap at most. Also early lunch and dinners :).

    ReplyDelete